Uganda’s health ministry has warned the country’s FA against hosting Guinea in a 2015 AFCON qualifier early next month.
The Cranes are slated to host Guinea on September 10 in a Group E tie at the Mandela National Stadium, Namboole.
However, Uganda FA top official Decolas Kiiza, told AfricanFootball.com Thursday night that the health ministry had asked them not to allow the Guinea travel to Uganda.
Guinea is one of the countries in West Africa along with Sierra Leone and Liberia where the deadly Ebola Virus Disease has killed hundreds.
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) was even forced to move Guinea’s home games to a neutral ground.
Kiiza said the health ministry has told them as a precautionary measure to communicate to the authorities that the Guinea team should not be allowed in the country and the match should be moved to a later date.
Kiiza, who is the FUFA head of finance, also disclosed that the ministry had been reluctant to clear the national team to travel to Ghana next week where they will face the Black Stars in the first group game in Kumasi.
The Cranes are expected to fly out on Sunday for four days of training camp in Niamey, Niger, before they fly to Accra on September 4 and connect to Kumasi ready for the game on September 6.
The deadly Ebola Virus Disease has been a big worry on the continent with Cameroon also communicating to CAF on Thursday that their game with DR Congo should be moved to another venue instead of Lubumbashi since there have been reports of an Ebola outbreak in DR Congo.
Ghana has also refused fellow West Africans Sierra Leone from staging their home games there.