There is heightened sense of expectancy among Premier League fans with news out of Italy suggesting Liverpool are in talks with AC Milan over the impending transfer of Mario Balotelli to Liverpool.
Liverpool has been linked with so many Strikers this summer following the departure of Luis Striker to Barcelona including speculations about RadamelFalcao, EdinsonCavani and Samuel Eto’O.
What will surprise many is the fact that Liverpool Manager, Brendan Rodgers had previously stated with a note of finality that Liverpool was not going to sign Balotelli.
‘I can categorically tell you that he will not be at Liverpool..’ Rodgers said on August 3.
‘I was asked the question about Balotelli and spoke about what a talent he is and excellent player he is.
‘He is a wonderful player, but an AC Milan player, I just gave my opinion of him, but doesn’t mean I will be signing him.’
Well! nothing seems to surprise us any more with the about turn.
Balotelli scored 30 goals in 94 games for Manchester City over the three years he spent at the Etihad a tally he has matched in fewer matches for Milan since joining the Rosseneri.
“I do still think we need another striker,”
“It is something that we will look at, but it will depend on the availability of one.
“We will search through to the end of the transfer window.”
In the last six hours, what initially appeared to be a loan enquiry has become the biggest transfer talk with some suggestions that both AC Milan and Liverpool have agreed a 16 million ponds deal.
Balotelli has added fuel to these speculations after he was reported to have told team-mates as quoted by Sky Italia that ‘This will be my last day at Milanello.’