AS Kigali

AS Kigali


1/8th round, 1st leg results

AS Kigali (Rwa) 1-0 Difaâ El Jadida (Mar)

Etoile Sahel (Tun) 1-0 SuperSport Utd (Rsa)

How Mine (Zim) 2-1 Bayelsa Utd (Ngr)

Wadi Degla (Egy) 2-0 Djoliba (Mli)

Medeama (Gha) 2-0 Zesco Utd (Zam)

CS Constantine (Alg) 1-0 ASEC Mimosas (Civ)

Ismaïly (Egy) 0-0 Petro Atletico (Ang)

Warri Wolves (Ngr) 0-0 CA Bizertin (Tun)


RWANDAN giants AS Kigali left for Morocco yesterday ahead of their second leg tie of the 1/8th round of Caf Confederation Cup due this weekend.


The Kigali City sponsored club depart today aboard Qatar Airways. They will make a stop-over in Doha before connecting to El Jadida were they are expected to reach by Wednesday morning.


AS Kigali will have their work cut out when they travel to Morocco for the return fixture at the weekend and head coach Andre Casa Mbungo will be keen to build on the vital home goal scored to advance further in the competition.


“We are confident and ready to defend our goal so as to reach the next round. It seems tricky to many but we can work out a way of progressing. Our target is to defend this goal though it will be a tough challenge for us out there,” added Mbungo.


AS Kigali continued with their 100 per

cent home record in the Orange CAF Confederation Cup competition with a narrow 1-0 win over visiting Moroccan side Difaa El Jadida in a second round, first leg meeting in Kigali on Saturday.


Teenager Jean Paul Niyonzima came off the bench to score the only goal of the encounter after 67 minutes, capitalizing a Jimmy Mbaraga’s cross to give his side a first leg cushioning.


It was the third successive win for the debutants, after registering the same goal margin in the previous matches against Burundian champions Academie Tchite and Sudanese Ahly Shendi in the past two rounds.


Meanwhile also on Saturday, South Africa club SuperSport United lost 1-0 to Etoile du Sahel in the first leg of their Orange CAF Confederation Cup second round tie at Stade Olympique de Sousse in Tunisia.


The Tunisians struck through Brigui Ayala who headed in after about 7 minutes from kick off.


Senegalese import Mame Niang thought he had found the equaliser for SuperSport in the second half but the goal did not stand as he was adjudged to used his hand prior to scoring.


Etoile du Sahel piled on the pressure but SuperSport hung on and will feel they are still in this contest when they host the Tunisians at home in the second leg in Pretoria, South Africa.


Share Button