Rwanda Revenue Authority started well with a comfortable win over Stef Auto of Madagascar on day two of the African Women Club Championships being held in Nairobi, Kenya.
The tax collectors squeezed three straight sets, 25-20, 25-21 and 25-10 to clearly send a warning signals to group favorites KCB that they will be in contention too of reaching the quarter finals from group C. earlier on KCB had registered their second successive win when they beat Water Sport of Ethiopia three straight sets.
In other pools, Kenya Prisons eased to a 3-0 win over Tanzania’s Jeshi Stars at the African Nazarene Court, an indication of Kenyan clubs’ domination at the events.
And elsewhere at the same events, DRC’s Motema Pembe outshone DGSP from Congo Brazaville 3-0 in sets of 25-13, 25-20 and 25-16. SAP of Cameroon beat Gabon’s Varietes 3-0 in sets of 25-12, 25-10 and 25-13 to register their second win as well.
The tournament continues this Sunday with the following fixtures:
- NRC vs Manga Sport (5.00pm) – Kasarani,
- Varieties vs canon (1.00pm) – Nazarene,
- Stef Auto vs KCB (1.00pm) – Kasarani,
- Rwanda Revenue Authority vs Water Sport (3.00pm) – Kasarani,
- Mafolofolo vs DGSP (3.00pm) – Nazarene,
- FAP vs Prison (5.00pm) – Nazarene